Health benefits of Curcumin
What is curcumin? It is the chemical agent present in turmeric which is a wide spread herb in Asian countries. The food preparation is incomplete without turmeric in India. we all know that our grand parents tell us to use turmeric powder to treat small health concerns.
There various researches on useful effects of turmeric on health. There is no evidence for exact amount of turmeric to be used to get medicinal effect. There are following health complaints which we face in daily routine, where turmeric helps:
- Upset stomach: upset stomach is a common problem seen during rainy season. Taking turmeric with milk or in food preparation may help in dealing with upset stomach.
- Cough and Cold: Turmeric helps in improving immunity. Experts suggests that turmeric is5 to 8 times more power full than vitamin C n Vitamin E when it comes to immunity.
- Prevents development of Type 2 diabetes: People who have prediabetes symptoms, daily consumption of turmeric helps them. It helps in delaying the onset of condition.
- Helps in weight loss: Turmeric helps in losing weight. As it helps in improving immunity, it helps in reducing fat cells from body. The healthy lifestyle along with balanced diet will help in losing weight.
- Uses in beauty treatments: It is used in many beauty products. application of turmeric power on face helps in cleansing and getting glowing skin.
This healthy herb is safe to consume but some may experience stomach upset, lose motions, nausea etc on heavy doses of turmeric.Also take a note on its interactions with medicines which are blood thinning agents, aspirin, ibuprofen, heparin, warfarin etc. Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any medicine for blood clotting. Stop turmeric supplements use for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
If you are looking for getting curcumin supplements feel free to discuss here.